Saturday, November 17, 2007

Winter is Here!!!


Yesterday the Gallivan Center Rink opened up downtown. I dragged my husband along, and he just observed from the sidelines. It's a decent size rink for outdoors, but much smaller than the olympic sized rinks I'm used to. And there were SO many people! Everyone was having tons of fun. And the ice was all snow when I got on. I never knew it was possible to skate on snow. :)

Then they zambonied the ice. And I have to say, the ice was fantastic! And many many people slipped and fell on their bums once they discovered the glossy ice. hehehee.....

The weather was perfect, the sky clear, and no polluted inversion air. It was sweater weather, and although I could only do a single 3 turn and a couple of crossovers, and basic stroking (minus good extension due to the crowdedness) it was a blast!

No comments: