Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Adult Advance, Week 2

Tonight was week two of Adult Advance. We worked on a few things. Too bad the class isn't 45 minutes long. 30 minutes goes by too fast!!!

Warmed up with some crossovers. CCW were good. CW sucked. Majorly. Very steppy and zero underpush. It's all about knee bend. But I suspect my blade may be off slightly too. I'm not to confident about my RFO edge.

BXOs to landing position: Not much tweaking needed here, just more knee bend (as always!!!)

Side toe hop: How can something so simple be so difficult??! I had more trouble with this more than anything. I think I fell while doing this too. Can't remember. Fell twice during class. It's just a simple hop side to side while being on the toepicks.

Ballet Jump: Saw the instructor demonstrate a couple. Looked impossible. Then we tried it against the wall and it's actually a very easy jump! You start out on a RBO edge with the free leg extended behind. Bring the left arm slightly back. Pick with the Left foot, do a half rotation in the air (With the Left arm up, Right arm out, pointing the right foot), land on the Left toepick, then go onto a RFI edge. It looks like a ballet move in the air, hence the name Ballet Jump.

Will be working on Waltz jumps (maybe?), spins, and maybe Mazurkas next week.

1 comment:

poor clare said...

I love the ballet jump. It's in three of my programs. It's fun to put into your foot work! :)