Saturday, March 8, 2008

Bitten by the Pre-Bronze Bug

Watched a test session this past weekend. Got to see the only adult testing MITF (Bronze level). Seeing that I could do some of the moves on the Bronze level, I am very confident that I can do Pre-Bronze.

I've met two adult skaters who are also working on Pre-Bronze and I'm hooked. I think they're testing in a couple of months. If I can make major progress on my FI3s, and clean up my BI edges a bit, I can make it. I can swing $40 a month for lessons every other week. I must. It's an addiction!!!! And I have such confidence now.

Now all I have to do is decide on a coach. I took a private lesson from my LTS instructor months ago, and haven't had a private lesson from her since then due to some emergent health issues and money. I think our schedules conflict, so I may need to switch instructors. I guess the most professional thing to do is approach old instructor about my plans and schedule needs, and if it doesn't fit, then go with a different new instructor that all my adult buddies take lessons from (and who has a very open schedule). I can totally do this. Any advice on switching instructors??

6 comments:

Caryn @ FuzzynoodleLife.com said...

I'm hoping to test Pre-Bronze too! I'm shooting for May...like you, just need to clean up a few things and get more comfortable on my non-dominant foot. Good luck!

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jessim said...

I've found that the skating world makes switching coaches very political. You do have to officially "stop" lessons from the old instructor before a new (ethical) instructor will take you on.

Good luck on the PB test- it was harder than I thought, getting the patterns exactly right, but very fulfilling to have that pass! It's almost a year later and I'm not even close to ready for Bronze, stupid injuries.

Jessim said...

Oh- I didn't read well enough. If you just took one lesson from an instructor, and didn't really talk about making it a permanent thing, don't worry about it. Especially if she's been busy. Just starting with someone new, I think is probably okay

poor clare said...

I'm getting ready to test Pre-Bronze too! My coach says I'm 90% ready to test. I am also beginning to work on the Bronze moves.

Anonymous said...

И почему еще у "прекрасного пола" куда реже замечается чтобы бы тот же альфа-, да и бэта-алкоголизм: женщина бОльшую опилки своей "алкогольной напряженности" маскирует перед "нервные проблемы" (которые ей позволено пользоваться, в награда от мужчин). Возьмем, не удалось ей сегодня с подружками выпить по стаканчику в кафе - беспричинно она пришла восвояси и закатила мужу скандал. А оправдать этот бесчинство может хоть пресловутым ПМС :), хотя "тонкостью дамских нервов", хоть вместе ничем не оправдывать: причинность в нашей культуре "повальной женской демонстративности" битье дамой тарелок для кухне - совершенно чаще в порядке вещей :( . [url=http://profvesti.ru/o-stroitelstve-svoimi-rukami/76-stroitelstvo-doma-svoimi-rukami.html]ремонт квартир видео[/url]