Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Haven't posted in awhile...

I realized it's been a month since I've posted anything. Well, I went on vacation for two weeks to VA and today was my first day back on the ice. I'm taking the Adult Advance class again and working on all sorts of stuff.

Waltz Jumps: Finally got over my fear. Started with jumping over the hockey lines, then got more comfortable jumping on the circle. Now I can jump just about anywhere. It's still a bit flat footed, but I'm working on bringin the free leg up and getting a little more height on the jump. I'm pleased with the little bit of progress I'm making.

Spins: After two weeks, my one foot spin has actually improved!!!! They don't travel as much, and I think I'm not on my toepick as much either. Attempted backspins in class today....what an unnatural feeling. Not successful with the back pivot, but had some success from a RFI 3-turn. Any tips are greatly appreciated!!!

Toeloop: Can walk through it no problem. When attempting to jump, I wipe out. Majorly. I'm talking about the kind of falls where you're all of a sudden on your A$$ on the ice and don't know how you got there. Yuck. Ouch. Maybe I should wait awhile before trying these again.

Mazurka: Learned this today. Strange jump. Can't remember if it's a half revolution jump or more of a bunny hop. Needs more scissor motion.

More to come later. I'll post about the ice show I'm watching this weekend too.

No comments: