Thursday, May 1, 2008

new video, Toe loops, and surprise Salchow

I have a new video now of the jumps I'm working on. My waltz jump is improving dramatically - the ones in the video are a bit old. I'm using my arms a lot more when jumping. In class we were taught a toe loop, and I've been really hesistant about this jump. That's because of all the wipeouts I've had with it - hard nasty falls. I was making some progress the other day so I decided to video tape it. Then, one of my skate buddies showed me a Salchow. I tried it and voila!! I can do a salchow a heck of a lot better than a toe loop. It's cheated (not a full rotation) but it's a start. I even got one on video. Enjoy!




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That IS a nice salchow. I've always believes that it doesn't matter how high the jump, or the rotation for now. It's the feel that's important. I felt the same way with the waltz jump, I used to walk through it hundreds of times, then a little hop, and then it just got a little bigger each time. Now it's a little higher but I go for the feel first.