Monday, July 16, 2007

Zombies, Tests, and Mohawks

Zombies: I worked three 12-hour night shifts in a row, with the last one being a horrid shift. I was a walking zombie and had not been skating since friday morning. :(

Tests: I passed my Adult 2 test today! Yay! I was a bit nervous at first, but then I felt pretty confident. My instructor said I will progress very quickly through the LTS program. I've already learned nearly half of Adult 3 content.

Mohawks: We had about 5 minutes left after the three of us students were done testing, so our instructor picked something off of the list of upcoming content - Mohawks! I had no idea what these were, but I have read about them on various figure skating sites. She taught us the basics and I LOVE mohawks. It made perfect sense, and I can do them well as long as I am along the barrier (hehe!). I'll practice on getting more confident with it this week. And all 3 students in class are going to be in Adult 3! It starts in two weeks, but of course I'm going to skate lots before then.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Don't Mohawks feel like they should be fun. Unfortunately as soon as I come away from the barrier I just can't do them!

Anonymous said...

It sounds like you are progressing quickly! Well done on the mohawks - they were my nemesis for EVER, I just could not grok them.
Glad to "meet" another adult with AOSS!
3turn
http://3turn.livejournal.com/

Anonymous said...

I found that mohawks were easier to do than FI3s and a lot more fun. They just feel so 'nice' (for want of a better word) when you hit one right.

Isn't it amazing how many adults there are out there with AOSS?

Amanda said...

Hoorah!

Congratulations on passing your test - I didn't think you would have any problems.

Onwards and upwards!!

Rookie on Ice said...

Thanks guys! and I most definitely have AOSS! I've nearly memorized all the public skating schedules for the rinks in the valley!!