Friday, January 11, 2008

Here they are!!!

I picked up my skates today. They're all ready to go, heat-molded, and about to be sno-sealed. I tested them out for about 20 minutes on the ice, and for the most part, I'm very pleased! They offer great support and didn't make my feet hurt much. My toes are very happy not being squished in the boot. The only thing that bothered me was my super sharp blades. They should dull up to my liking in the next few sessions. I would on the outdoor rink with hard ice, but I'm afraid I'd ruin my blades!

Here are some pics. My skates have an ENORMOUS toe-pick! And by some sort of miracle, I don't recall tripping over them, other than being on a nice LFO edge, catching the toe-pick and losing my edge. The first pic is of my pretty new Jackson Competitors. The second pic a comparison between my new skates (right) and old skates, Jackson Glacier recreation skates(left).




4 comments:

Amanda said...

Pretty skates :)

What blades do you have on them by the way?

Rookie on Ice said...

They came with Ultima Mirage Blades. They're a basic freestyle blade, and appropriate for my level. The blade above it is the Ultima Mark IV, which costs a little bit more and is a better quality blade. I may upgrade to those in the future.

Gordon said...

I think you got your picture backward... it looks like your new skates are on the left and old on the right?

Congrats!

Rookie on Ice said...

You're right, Gordon! The new ones are on the left and the old ones on the right.

I was one of those kiddos that could never remember the difference between right and left... :)