Tuesday, September 4, 2007

Great Skate!

Practiced today for 45 minutes. Great skate!!! Went towards the end of a long public session, and the ice was much better than expected. I was the only one on the ice for the first ten minutes I was there. :)

Edges: All of my edges were there! and BI edges are coming along, a little shaky though. FI and FO were great!!

Mohawks: A bit scratchy with the R to L weight transfer. Still beautiful L to R.

FXO's. Steppy today. I don't seem to have as good of flow with CW. I think it is a mental block more than anything. Keeping knees bent helps a lot.

BXO's: Fell once on these, but that's a good thing. I got right back up and tried the same maneuver. Scratchy with the cross. CCW feels a bit more comfortable now. I just have to look behind me and keep my head and arms up!

Spins: a couple of good two-foot spins, nice and centered. If I don't keep my upper body stiff, my spins travel and I wobble all over the place. I just have to remind myself to keep my core strong and my shoulders square.

Stroking, etc: I have been practicing dips and stroking with the knees waaaay bent...good quad workout! Also tried a spiral...it's only at hip length. and sorta did a "shoot the duck". The other day, I tried a few "bunny hops" which are kinda fun, but feel very unnatural.

Great skate overall. Just as I was taking my skates off, someone came on to the intercom and ordered everyone to evacuate the building immediately. Turns out there was an ammonia leak in the building. Very dangerous stuff to breathe! It even ended up being breaking news.

I can't wait until next monday for another class. It's been almost 3 weeks!!! The make up session with be one week after that. Then onto Adult 4!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good words.