Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Great Skate

Finally got to skate after 5 days off the ice. Crowded session with lots of figure and hockey skaters....Hockey skaters with cell phones....those things should be banned on the ice!!

FO3's: These are progressing nicely! And somehow, my troublesome R foot understands 3-turns better than my reliable L foot! I initally learned to do these by putting the skating foot arm (L for LFO3, R for RFO3) in front and then switching arms while bringing the free foot close to the skating foot, bending the knee, and then initiating the turn. I did a few in a row and some with minimal arm movement. Less karate chops! Oh, and I was starting the bad habit of keeping my chin up. The chin must be UP! Pretend you're performing!

BXO's: These are feeling a lot better, but CCW are still shaky. The power on the CW BXOs was very impressive. I didn't have that impending sense of doom that I was going to fall on my as*.

Mohawks: Piece of cake. R to L still scratchy at times, but much improved.

First OFFICIAL private lesson next week!!!

2 comments:

Amanda said...

My RFO3's are easier than my LFO3's as well (although I can do both fairly comfortably now - with a warm-up dodgy couple! It's normal to favour one side and chances are you will find the RFI3's easier than the LFI3's when you come round to them.

It's not the arms that pre-rotate / check you - its more your shoulders. I try and keep my arms quite low (about waist height) and concentrate more on rotating my shoulders by turning from my waist. And yes - its very important to not let your chin drop (a slightly bad habit of mine!) as it will pull your weight forward.

NIUiceprincess said...

looks like everything is progressing nicely...enjoy your private lesson and tell us how it goes =D