Monday, October 8, 2007

Taking a Break

Friday's practice was blah... I keep hitting a mental block when trying jumps (waltz and half-flip) and it's like my feet are glued to the ice. I have the hardest time jumping. I did a few so-so waltz jumps and wimpy half-flips. Spins were unsuccessful and my balance is very off at this point. It seems to take me a long time to warm up on the ice and I'm beginning to get tired easily.

I've been skating very regularly since June - about 3 times a week plus lessons. It's time for a bit of a break. I'm going on vacation this week to destress. I may be experiencing some life changes, however...which could temporarily keep me off the ice. So I'll be off the ice for at least a week, if not longer. Breaks can be a good thing. When I do return, things will be much better. :)

2 comments:

Gordon said...

It can take a long time to really get comfortable with the idea of leaving the ice, especially for adults.

Hope you have a good (but not too long) break!

NIUiceprincess said...

Breaks can be a good thing....enjoy it and i'm sure you'll be more refreshed and ready to go next time you get back on the ice.