Monday, October 29, 2007

Ordered new skates!!!

I had an official fitting at a local rink today. I have decided on Jackson Competitors since it's a good freestyle skate and will hold up to my extra weight. The fitter agreed with me. I found out that my right foot is smaller than my left foot, but only slightly. And I told the fitter I have wide feet. She measured them, and looked at what was available in the Competitor and said "you do have wide feet! - I measure you at an 'E' and the widest it comes in is a 'D'". No wonder my husband calls me "duck feet." So, I bought size 6D. I can have it punched out if needed. She said if it is too wide in the heel, then we can add padding/insoles whatever is needed. I'm so excited!!! They should be here in a couple of weeks, depending on if they are already made or not.


As for skating in my current skates, I'm not going to jump in them, but I will practice MITF. I have been very hesitant about jumping in my skates because they don't offer enough support, and the toepicks are so small that they are useless. I can always go back to jumping. Lately my skates have been cramping my feet within 10 minutes on the ice. So, I think MITF is a good option - especially my FI3s, FO3s, and crossovers. I even printed the Pre-Bronze MITF patterns so that I can work on them.

One very cool thing to look forward to: November 16. The outdoor rink in downtown SLC opens! yay for outdoor skating!!

1 comment:

Gordon said...

Yay for new skates!