Thursday, October 18, 2007

Taking a looooong break...

So I'm taking a much longer break than anticipated. I found out about a week and a half ago that I'm pregnant! According to an ultrasound done yesterday, I'm just barely 5 weeks.

I've been debating whether to skate or not (no jumps or spins or anything...just skating around), but I've already recognized balance changes and due to a slight complication I've decided to NOT skate. It was somewhat hard to come to that decision, but I can always come back to skating. In fact, my husband and I discussed this very topic. Skating will be my way of getting back into shape after the baby arrives, and we'll invest in new skates then too, since my feet may change.

I'll still read up on the blogs and post on skatingforums.com, and maybe post here occasionally too. Wish us luck in this new adventure!

4 comments:

Amanda said...

Congratulations - that's wonderful news!

Unknown said...

Congratulations!!

Happy and healthy pregnancy to you.

Gordon said...

Congratulations!!

NIUiceprincess said...

Congratulations!

One of the coaches in our rink took some time off teaching when she got her pregnant, but she had no problems getting back on the ice after the delivery.