Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Adult 3 Week 4

Another very productive class

Backwards Edges: Looking much better! Inside edges are tricky to control, but I finally figured out where my arms go. If doing a RBI edge, the right arm goes in front, if doing a LBI the left arm goes in front. I spend more time in class wondering where my arms go, rather than what my feet should do!

Mohawks: R to L coming along. just practice practice practice. I can now go from a L to R mohawk into backwards crossovers. I'm starting to piece moves together!

Step sequence: Learned forward progressives, which seemed more like forward crossovers - just less "steppy". I think I've been doing my CCW crossovers more like progressives anyways. From what I gathered from SkatingForums.com, crossovers become progressives as a skater's ability advance. We also worked on Chasses and Lunges. Somehow it will come together into a step sequence.

Backwards Crossovers: I still tend to face forward or to the side when doing these. My instructor made two little corrections - putting my arm farther back and turning my head to look behind me in the direction I'm going. Voila! My crossovers were instantly better. BOTH directions. Much more power too. Once my head and arms knew what to do, my feet caught on.

I took video of myself in practice this week, and if I'm courageous enough, I might post them. I can already tell I'm getting more confident on the ice, and getting into shape!

1 comment: