Thursday, August 2, 2007

Foggy Skate

Someone left the door open....
Dry, hot summer air + damp cool rink air = FOG!
It was definitely the most humid place in the state of Utah. I don't mind the humidity, but the fog was very thick and I could barely see people across the Olympic sized rink. It was distracting and I had a less than pleasant skate.

My backwards edges have dissappeared. I don't know if I am afraid of falling, or just having an "off" week. Please come back soon LBO and RBO edges! LFO and RFO are good - and my RFO has greatly improved, including the leg extension.

First BIG fall!!! I was doing a BXO going CCW and completely tripped over myself leaving me landing on my butt and my two feet straight in the air!!! It was a slow-motion kind of fall, but left me stunned for a few seconds. And I luckily thought to lift my head slightly during the fall, saving it from cracking on the ice. At least I made it through my first really nasty fall. Slightly sore, but definitely OK.

BXO going CW are coming along nicely! Arms still flailing at times to keep my balance, but looking and feeling better. CCW are lagging. My "knock=knees" may make things more difficult, but definitely NOT impossible. :) Anyone else have "knock-knees" or are the opposite: "bow-legged"?

Found a cool "glow in the dark" skating session held weekly at a rink about an hour away. I'm going to try to convince my husband to go along with it. Sounds like it might be fun...maybe dangerous?? I'm picturing a rink that is pitch black with glowsticks swirling around the rink....

Crossing fingers for a better skate tomorrow...

3 comments:

Gordon said...

Glad you didn't whack your head!

I really hate skating in the dark, or with a mirrorball or whatever. It freaks me out.

Amanda said...

Done that on my BXO's as well - managed to simultaneously injure both wrists :(

Haven't been able to do them without assistance since . . . sigh

Anonymous said...

hey your blog design is very nice, neat and fresh and with updated content, make people feel peace and I always enjoy browsing your site.

- Murk